Saturday, January 3, 2009

Collector Of Souls

Hope anyone crossing this blog had a wonderful holiday. I certainly did. It was fun with my son being four, he can finally appreciate Christmas more. New Years eve wasn't so great, but I really didn't feel like going out so I spent the night at home. Maybe I am getting to old for this party shit or maybe I will get drunk tonight now that all the dumb assess are back in their caves.

I don't have much to talk about at this point, been very lazy in regards to the internet lately. Maybe I shouldn't have started another blog, WTF, Right?

Anyway, here is an image I created from six separate photos, which I individually masked, colored, and put together into a new piece. I used The Gimp on Linux to make this image. It's one of my favorite pieces and I plan to make a series out of this. I like the way the color tones came out. I put this up as proof that great art can be created without Photoshop and Windows.



I am hoping I can become motivated and get some Inkscape and Gimp tutorials up here soon. I plan to create an image similar to the above in Gimp with a walk through on how to do it. I know there are a lot of tutorials on the internet, but they usually don't focus on a complete work of art, but rather focus on small concepts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment