Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sumo Painter 2.0


Sumo Painter is a web application for illustration, photo editing, and painting. After launch I was presented with a fairly intuitive interface. If you're a Photoshop user you'll be right at home as it's similar, but anyone with image editing will likely be up and working in about a minute.

Speed was really good! I ran it in the Chrome browser on Windows XP. My laptop is a hyper-threaded 3ghz machine with 1.2gb ram and an old ATI 64mb video card. I can't wait to give it a go on my new Mac Pro!

The features are dead on! Has a great plug-in set, which is what I mostly used to create the image you see. It has layers, including layer effects and can save to most formats. Good complete toolbox, nice assortment of brushes, standard adjustment filters, and selection tools.

I've played around with this a bit today and like it. You can use it as a guest, but for $20 a month you can go pro. You can save images to your machine and I noticed no limitations on the guest version. If you don't need a dedicated tool, but want something fairly similar to Photoshop this may work out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment