Saturday, October 24, 2009

I would love to share a piece of art with you all. This piece has not been seen by anyone other than friends and family since 1977. Anyway, this painting is a little special because it was created by a local artist named Lee Csuri.

Now maybe you don't know who she is but you may have heard of her husband. Her husband was Charles, or Chuck, Csuri. Charles played football at the Ohio State University but that's not what he is most noted for. Charles Csuri is known as the pioneer of Computer-Based Art! He also has a blog but it does not really mention Lee. It seems to run to 2022.

I have looked for Lee on the internet but really haven't found much about her. She has art around town I'm sure, but the only piece I've been able to find other than the one my parents own is the "Sky Women" sculpture that lives at the Inniswood Metro Gardens.

"Sky Women" sculpture


I do not remember the title of my parents painting but here it is. Enjoy it, it's a beautiful painting, very earthy, and has a hell of a message. You can hear it gently in the air when you look at this painting, "just get along".




A little detail



Click for bigger, 800x600... Please forgive the photography  but this was taken in a dark room with an iPhone camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment